Money can't buy happiness. It can buy maille supplies. That's pretty close.

Forums

April 2011 weave challenge: Viper Basket

There was a flurry of pics of this little cutie popping up recently, let's see if we can propagate it a little further.

here's a Tut: http://corvuschainmaille.ning.com/group/weavesvariations/forum/topics/viper-basket

and don't forget to post some pics when you get it!

You need to be a member of Maillers Worldwide to add comments!

Join Maillers Worldwide

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• One of the good things about viper basket is that the inner ring doesnt actually have to fit inside the outter ring.  If you notice when you bend it around your wrist, the inner rings stick out away from your wrist, more than halfway past the outter rings.  I made one with the inner rings being just too big to fit through and it worked fine when worn, looked kinda stupid and ugly when you try to lay it flat though.  Hopefully this will convince someone to try the weave who currently didn't have what they though would be the appropriate size rings.
  • I love that, kasi!  That look is LOVELY!  Pssssttttttt...  I would have posted, but had already done it...  haha
  • My pic is already in the gallery as well.  and since most of my wire on hand and rings are the same metals I'd already used, I didn't feel like doing another bracelet.. Does remind me to see my aunt about that anklet she wanted in vb though.  And I might soon make some rings and throw a necklace together.
  • I could´nt put in an pictures here so i posted it as a picture in the gallery... I was playing with Viper Basket and a put 3-3-3-3 instead of 2-2-2-2 in the mittle. Cind of cute...
  • Hello,

I just joined this group. I love chain maille and am still rather new at it.

I was looking for a tutorial on the Viper Basket weave and found this site.  However, when I click on your link for the Tut, I cannot find instructions, only photos. I am not smart enough to figure out a weave simply by looking at photos :). Can someone point me to a source or online tutorial for this one?

Many thanks,

Joan

• Hello Joan - and welcome!

Viper Basket is a brand new weave and we have no written tutorial yet.  I'm sure that someone is working on one, but we have tons of other tuts to play with while you wait for that one...

• Hiya Joan!, welcome aboard. The link in this thread is a tutorial of sorts. There are clear pics and basic instructions at the top on how to assemble it.  The challenge is to use the information given and figure out how it goes together. perhaps I should have called it a clue instead of a tutorial. :) 

I don't think I've seen a step-by-step tut for this one anywhere, but that doesn't mean it doesn't exist.

• Well, I appreciate it anyway. I have searched the internet, and it appears as though there is no tutorial on this weave out there.

IMO, it is a weave that I am unable to figure out just by photos of the finished piece. That's ok- I will work on other weaves and perhaps when/if I become more adept at maille, I can tackle that one.

Joan

• Hi Titania,

well that explains why I can't find any instructions. They do have a lot of other tutorials on here, so I will be busy. And thanks to all of you who have posted these tutorials. :)

Joan

Titania (ChainWeavers) said:

Hello Joan - and welcome!

Viper Basket is a brand new weave and we have no written tutorial yet.  I'm sure that someone is working on one, but we have tons of other tuts to play with while you wait for that one...

• do you first do a double spiral and then add the larger rings?  I am confused.
This reply was deleted.
Live Support